Saturday, April 11, 2009

Housesitting and me...


I just finished up another stint of housesitting for some friends of mine, which is always fun. I get to play with their dog, enjoy their spacious home, and allow my brain to be melted by their awesome home entertainment system.

It's got to be seen to be believed. The TV is HD, at least 55 inches. Plus, they've got every cable channel imaginable, including all 8,000 HBOs. So, it's impossible not to have options. For me, any world where I can have access to Real Sports and VH1 Classic is one I don't want to ever leave.

I took full advantage of the set-up. I caught up on Eastbound & Down, the HBO comedy series featuring Danny McBride, which was fantastic. And I saw Baby Mama, which I missed in theaters. Kinda glad I did. It was amusing, but Fey and Pouleur spent half the movie finding their footing, and the story was rushed and flimsy. Plus, Steve Martin drove me nuts. Is he even trying anymore?

Now, it's time to go back to my 27-inch TV and basic cable package. Stupid life.

No comments: