Saturday, April 11, 2009

Book of the Month...Yeah, I Know It's been a While


I love books. They're fun, educational, and provide an excuse to lick your fingers without looking weird.

A while ago, I had mentioned that I'm working on an author interview for ICON. Well, I'm in the process of jotting down a Q&A with David Grann, The New Yorker staff writer, who wrote The Lost City of Z, which is about legendary explorer Percy Fawcett's 1925 journey to find a lost Amazon civilization. Needless to say, it didn't end well.

The book was just optioned by Brad Pitt's production company, and with good reason. It's a terrific book, like an Indiana Jones adventure mixed with eye-opening reporting. The best part is that Grann, who by his own admission is more comfortable watching movies, gets caught up learning about Fawcett and treks into the Amazon himself. He's an affable, likeable narrator.

Seriously, please read the book. I even have a copy, if you want to borrow it.

No comments: