Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A True Story


I got engaged a couple of weeks ago, and to say that I'm thrilled is a vast understatement. I'm even more tickled when I look back at the hell that I suffered in the dating scene.

Some of the incidents and accidents I can now revisit and smile. One took place right after I met my finacee, when my mom tried to set me up with the friend of a neighbor. She recalled the conversation to my younger brother, my dad, and me.

"Well, I told her that you're a writer and that you read books and watch movies..."

Dave interrupted the story.

"Wait. Pete reviews movies and books for national publications. You buried the best part. How many people do you know who did this for a living?"

"It sounds like you and Dad have to water me and turn me toward the sunlight every couple of days," I responded.

Despite my mom's unwitting attempt to cockblock me, everything worked out beautifully in the end. I've found my life and movie partner.

No comments: