Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm Officially a Member of the Usual Gang of Idiots


Allow me to take time off from my usual babbling about Anne Hathaway or whatever. As you may or may not know, aside from babbling about movies, I'm also in the business of freelance writing. It's a frequently rewarding and frustrating business, not unlike dating or watching Charlie Kaufman movies.

However, one of the biggest professional thrills of my life occurred very recently when I was published in MAD. My parody of Guitar Hero is in the pages of the December issue.

Getting published there means a lot to me, only because I read the magazine as a kid and developed more of an appreciation when my brother writing there regularly in 1998. It's a terrific magazine with a rich history of contributors, and to have work published there is truly humbling. I kinda feel like the geek who just made out with the homecoming queen.

So, that's it. For the eight people who read this blog, I promise there will be more movie-related goodness to come--maybe even as soon as today.

No comments: