Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Reason for the Delay...



Sorry about the extended absence, folks. A big reason is because I'm just coming down from a gigantic whirlwind of activity, which culminated in my fiancee and I moving in together.

I'm thrilled with everything, but man was the last month a whirlwind: Finding a place, packing, finding someone to rent out my place (did it), unloading the packed boxes (lots of books) from two separate locations, and then unpacking. We--and our families, who were huge--moved on Friday and Saturday. We began unpacking Sunday. On Monday, she went to work and I ventured off to New York for three screenings.

And then by the end of my second screening ("It's Kind of a Funny Story"), my throat felt like I was swallowing battery acid. My right ear hurt like someone kept inserting a pocket knife and twisting it.

Tuesday through Thursday (September 14 through September 16) I was sidelined with an infected throat that basically shut down the right side of my mouth and made me sound like Kirk Douglas. Nothing got done until Friday, when I had to clean out my apartment, and meet my new tenant. Though I was sweating like a malaria victim and my head felt like it was stuffed with exotic meats, I did what needed to be done.

Last week was spent catching up on writing assignments and last-minute house stuff. So, that leads us to present day. Here's what you can expect now that I'm not back on solid food:

--An interview with Todd Solondz
--The movie-related benefits of moving in
--A stellar collection of movie reviews

I'm eager to get back into the swing of things in a new location in a terrific office with the woman of my dreams.

So, let's get to it.

No comments: