Monday, May 26, 2008

Review of High Noon


I sometimes review movies for Filmcritic.com, a terrific movie review Web site edited by Chris Null. I've written for the site since 2000, and I owe Chris a huge debt of gratitude. He gave me my first paid assignments as a movie critic, which was a big deal for me. Plus, he's always been encouraging.

(A side note: For years at FC, desperate to write and eager to get better, I watched some of the shittiest movies ever produced. In one weekend, I watched Anacondas AND SuperBabies: Baby Geniuses 2. That isn't good for anyone, never mind a movie geek like myself. I survived. Barely.)

I don't write at the volume for Mr. Null that I used to--there's just not enough time and too many assignments--but my focus in recent years for the site has been on classics. A couple of months ago, I reviewed All About Eve. This month, it's High Noon.

The link is below and feel free to browse around Filmcritic.com for a bit. Also, keep an eye out for an interview with Chris that should be on this blog very soon.

No comments: