Sunday, April 1, 2012

Review of "The Hunger Games"

This review is late, but not really. "The Hunger Games" is still the number one movie in America, making more than "Wrath of the Titans" and "Mirror Mirror" combined. It ain't going anywhere, and "American Reunion" (next week's review) probably won't break the streak.

You can read my review, which appeared in "The Weekender," here. Before you do that, some observations:

1.) I went to the 11:30 a.m. show, and there was a noticeable buzz in the crowd. Very neat to see for such an early time.

2.) "The Weekender" gives me 550 words to write a review. To break down a cultural phenomenon like "The Hunger Games" with that word count was exhausting.

3.) After watching Jennifer Lawrence, I'm definitely watching "Winter's Bone." Long overdue rental.

4.) My old "Signal" pal, Leigh Belz, attended a screening in New York that was catered. Mine was, too--if you count the melty Fiber One bar I brought with me.

No comments: