Friday, June 10, 2011

TCNJ Magazine Profile: Kevin Kasha of Anchor Bay Films

I'm not a big fan of patting myself on the pat for a job well done, because I immediately assume that my hubris will lead to a "Scarface"-like topple from the top of my ego-built perch. The goal with writing is to keep getting better, to keep challenging myself. Needless to say, there's not a hell of a lot of self-satisfaction in my suburban Pennsylvania digs. But I can't imagine doing anything else.

With that said, I'm really happy with my profile for TCNJ Magazine on Kevin Kasha, who has also worked for Miramax, Vestron, and New Line. (He's also a gigantic Steve McQueen fan.) Maybe it's because it was the first story where I appreciated the storytelling value of additional sources; maybe it's because Kevin was a very direct, likeable guy; maybe it's because the Jersey kid who loves movies reminded me of myself a bit.

I don't know, but I'm happy with the story. I hope you are too. Read it here.

No comments: